Friday, June 24, 2011

emotionally dysfunctional adult

I was born into a DYSFUNCTIONAL family- no doubt. I'm not criticizing this fact, it's an honest observation with a solid " yes " conclusion.

I want to express this blog briefly as I want to write more about it later for the book.

So, I was born into a dysfunctional family most of whom, later on in life accused me of dysfunction and abnormality.

I remember a picture of me when I was 2 yrs old, in a playpen on the front porch where I grew up. (warm weather conditions)

I was told that " I liked being in the playpen" on the front porch- ALONE, so this is how John spent his young years socializing- ALONE in a playpen on the front porch defenseless to the world around me. I was also told that my brother and sister would sneak around and scare me.

This becomes remarkable to me because it explains how and why  I have difficulty even to this day interacting with others. What brought this to light for me was when I watched a PBS program a few years ago which I recently obtained on DVD; "This Emotional LIfe".

I purchased recently "Brain Fitness Frontiers" also a PBS program.

One episode is about a professor who had a stroke and was rendered basically helpless. With the aid of his son who felt strongly that his father needed to go back to learning all the skills an infant and child would process ( start right from the beginning) rather than trying to "pick up" where his father left off before the stroke, his father could recover. AND he did.

Is it possible I submit and would like to further investigate and study to help an emotionally dysfunctional adult in the same manner, that is, to go back and teach him or her OR actually PRACTICE the basic skills of interaction that an infant then a child NEEDS- LOVE and CARE? I believe it's possible for an
emotionally dysfunctional adult to be healed if nurtered by truelly compassionate people using basic skills as I described above.

So, this is my idea as stated today on this blog, June 24th 2011 for further investigation AND I invite anyone who is interested in pursuing said study to contact me, John Bubon; tat2guru@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment