Saturday, November 12, 2011

we never said goodbye

~ Dedicated to those who have had to bury a loved one unexpectedly ~


It's a paradox. I say goodbye to you but you don't hear, you're not that near. I can't say goodbye to you because you're gone, and along with OUR song. When we left each other in the past it wasn't a breach. We extended our reach.

It's a dilemma. I didn't expect to NOT have you, nor do I think did you. I didn't conceive the day without YOUR sun but that day has come. A bell has rung. When it rained upon us in the past we knew it wouldn't last. Minutes flew by fast.

It can be brutal. I have NO regrets, just goals that were never met and OUR dreams we didn't get to spend. My whole life was to provide and to be your guide AND I NEVER dreamt you'd die. We laughed about growing old and we were bold and we blinked at the unforetold.

It is sobering when I think of you, it's not the way I used to.

papajohn  ~ 11-11-11 ~


I miss you Crystal, love Daddy.






No comments:

Post a Comment