Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Burning bridges, now that I look at it is pretty easy and I think anybody can burn bridges.

It's been a while since a movie got me to cry. The last 15 minutes of
" Bridge to Terabithia " hit my right in the ol' soft spot!

I get mystified when movie scripts are magical and mystical and Bridge to Terabithia is one such movie- it's like a book really that you get to watch.

This was one of those dvd's I just had a feeling about and found it cheap on Amazon. I think in total it cost like $5 with the shipping AND now after watching it I conclude you can't put a price on it especially  $5. It's priceless.

I was taken back to about age 11 with the swinging on the rope across a small creek scene appeared. WOW, those were the days and I've had lots of events recently happening that have propelled my memory to days past of innocence, dreams and plain old magic! Being a kid IS so much fun.

I won't tell you much more about the movie Bridge to Terabithia except that the LIFE messages ( for all of us no matter what age )  are impacting, riveting and moving.

I've talked to my friends about when they were teaching their kids to ride a bike, so far we're in agreement about a few things. We teach them to get on the bicycle, we talk them through the peddling method, to get balance and to go!

It's only after the first crash ( or two ) that we think ( or remember ) to teach them how to stop, hit the brakes!

I want to say this to you whoever you are, we talk about burning bridges behind us as we go through this maze of life. We think of it in terms that we can't ever go back and this may or may not be true.

What with all the talk about " burning " bridges, why don't we discuss " building " bridges more often?

I want to finish my life as a " builder " and not just of bridges. I don't ever want to lose, like I did for so many years, the innocence of youthful thinking and feeling. I want to dream everyday and fulfill those dreams and I want to encourage others to dream and follow their dreams.

Burning bridges, now that I look at it is pretty easy and I think anybody can burn bridges.

But to build bridges? AND to maintain the bridges already in place? Ain't no job for a slacker that's for sure.

Keeping a bridge in place requires care and concern. Let's keep it fun.

Bridge to Terabithia Wallpapers

No comments:

Post a Comment