Saturday, August 6, 2011

God won't give me more than I can handle is a "problem" not a solution.

God won't give me more than I can handle is a "problem" not a solution.

You'll forgive me if the impression you get is that I'm a " joy killer " because I am not. I am about gnosis, truth and expressing from my experiences misunderstandings, misconceptions and plain old lies. We now know the world isn't flat for instance based on images from space IF we believe these images to be real. As of this day I have no reason to doubt their validity!

I come across more Christian references than the other religions so you must understand that I'm not biased with my investigations. We also live in a country born of Christian principles.

What struck me as odd today was the often quoted phrase " God doesn't give us more than we can handle." Is this a valid statement? I've grown beyond accepting every statement that sounds " good " because when the test comes, the acid test as it were these sayings either bear themselves out to be true and powerful and helpful or it is revealed that all that glitters is not gold. Beware of statements that sound " glittery " then, having a certain  " shine " at the moment.

Before I ever considered commenting this,  I held several beliefs about my journey and yours, my destination and yours. Where we came from and how we came from there started sometime ago with our ancestor's and what they passed on to each generation. Other factors include mental, emotional, spiritual, physical and financial circumstances.

Then at a certain point in our lives we begin to chart our own course- whether it is straight or crooked it is our course. This course has been affected by what we experienced so far and will be affected by experiences to come. What we believe to be true today may be exposed tomorrow as not truth. Things change, information makes us aware and more aware and we should of course be learning from our experiences.

And then there's the crossing of paths with our fellow travellers who are journeying prepared or unprepared as we. And the weather!

So what then may I ask does God have to do with circumstances in our daily lives that have more to do with our decisions and the decisions of others and much less His " choice " to send misfortune our way? And what kind of Supreme being thinks " Hm, let me pick on John today and see if he can handle it, I've got nothing better to do and besides he's had it easy lately." I would hope that no Father or Mother would treat a child with disregard.

The other problem arises that since God doesn't give us more than we can handle, when something
" more than we can handle " does come our way - what are we thinking?

The first thing we'll think is if we've repetitiously processed  the " no more than we can handle" philosophy,  subconsciously we will believe that there is nothing for us to do really. After all, God has everything under control?  If God doesn't give you more than you can handle then how do you handle " it " may I ask realistic like?

Most folks I know who are under pressure from one side or the other will say " it's going to be o.k. God doesn't give me more than I can handle." I am boggled by the fact that my friends and acquaintances are not even considering what are the options they have at their disposal to solve this.

They do not think that perhaps they need to correct something they did or said. The focus will be more on " God and handling " than on the cause or nature of the error that will, if they are honest about it point to a wrongdoing or mistake on their part!. I'm not wrong. They will not look into themselves for the answer that will suffice for the current condition. Why? Because God will handle it. God will handle what He sent me that He knew I couldn't handle. Wouldn't you consider that messing with your mind?

Let me address this issue now, remember the time or times you were under the gun, in trouble, beyond your means and IT DIDN'T work out? What happened then? d

Did God decide to give you more than you could handle? Did God decide to turn His back on you? Did God prefer to see you suffer? You can't answer that question realistically since you believe God doesn't give you more than you can handle. The earth is round my friend, not flat. And not everything that comes OUR way is from God my brothers and sisters! In  fact most if not all things that come our way have nothing to do with God to see if we'll handle it or not. And furthermore, if WE could handle " it " all then we wouldn't need God, would we?

I believe this, if anything to be true; God has given us a mind and the ability to think rationally. With it ( the mind ) we can at times decide what to do or what not to do in certain situations. We also have friends and relatives and confidants. We've been instructed most of our lives about how to solve problems - be it 2+2 or why is my car sputtering? We have the ability to consider, process, choose, accept or reject. We are problem solvers. 

God won't give me more than I can handle is a " problem " not a solution. papajohn

No comments:

Post a Comment