Saturday, July 16, 2011

" Truth is truth. Truth is not democratic, you don't vote on truth. If it's true, it's true. If it's not true, it's not true."

I heard this term used " truth is truth. Truth is not democratic, you don't vote on truth. If it's true, it's true. If it's not true, it's not true. "  Bob Bauval.

I'm writing this and  I have no intention to criticize a particluar religion or group of people for their beliefs. What people believe is their belief but how their beliefs affect others or affect me is another matter.

Ever think about STRONGLY where your ancestors came from? For decades no one in MY family ever questioned where beyond Europe did the maternal or paternal tribe travel from.

As a Christian I never questioned this, never thought about beyond Europe. Why?

I think I now have the answer.

As a Christian there is much focus on original sin, that is Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden and the serpent, the apples and the naked truth. The emphasis on original sin is man made and was made " official " by the church by VOTE and is known as " the original sin doctrine" which you may investigate yourself. http://www.gospeltruth.net/menbornsinners/mbs03.htm

" Truth is truth. Truth is not democratic, you don't vote on truth. If it's true, it's true. If it's not true, it's not true. "

I was indoctrinated Catholic and practiced the " born again " system of Christian religion for decades. When I wondered about my relatives, my ancestors I could only view in my mind those I had known personally or from pictures passed on by the family.

For an ODD reason, I never envisioned ancestor's other than what I described above, those I knew personally or from pictures I had seen passed down through the family.

For OBVIOUS reasons, the thought of a family lineage almost always seemed to point in another direction. The information I received from Catholic School and the other churches I attended over the years was that my blood
is " tainted " with original sin and I am a sinner wether I can help it or
not. I was told I am CURSED! The Adam and Eve story.

Why would anyone look back into their family history if they were told their family has been cursed? Why would you even think about exploring it? I came from a long line of heathens I imagined and WE ( folks born again and righteous ) don't bother with heathens.

Then this past 12 months I came to look at things differently - less judgemental, less predjudical and less self-righteous. My mind was WIDE OPEN!


" Truth is truth. Truth is not democratic, you don't vote on truth. If it's true, it's true. If it's not true, it's not true. "


After much research years ago I came to doubt the theory of original sin based solely on this statement- Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." The book of Genisis Chapter One verse 26- the Holy Bible.

Take what you want from that. ( ME;  since God is good and pure and all knowing AND we were ( are ) created in His image then we are ( were ) good and pure and all knowing - then how were WE duped by the devil AND didn't he see it coming? )

Anyway, now that I believe that I am a good person and I make mistakes based upon my upbringing and other influences not to forget my own blunders, I can ask the question " who are my true ancestor's?"

Who lived since the beginning of civilization to my great great grandparents in Europe? Fossils tell one side of the story but now tribes can be traced through DNA.  http://www.genebase.com/

My ancestoral line goes from Europe back to Egypt and I am excited about it! I suddenly have a picture of my ancestor's, those folks I never saw personally or in pictures. And they are not the heathens and devil worshippers I envisioned as a result of religious indoctrination or religious Hollywood movies!

" Truth is truth. Truth is not democratic, you don't vote on truth. If it's true, it's true. If it's not true, it's not true. "


Just for the record, before the arguement starts I saw another oddity. In the Bible God created the earth in 6 days then rested on the 7th - this isn't odd but;

in the Book of Genesis, Chapter One verse 3; " God said let there be light then there was light."  (day one )

In the Book of Genesis, Chapter one verse 16; God made two great lights--the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.(  day four )

Since the sun and the moon and the stars weren't created until the 4th day - what was the light in the first day about?


" Truth is truth. Truth is not democratic, you don't vote on truth. If it's true, it's true. If it's not true, it's not true. "

No comments:

Post a Comment