Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Unless you live in a monastery you can't hide forever. ( I don't live in fear I deal with it.)

I don't live " in fear " - I live in this suit which is known as the human body. I reside in a home located in a town. Yes it is in " a state " and yes I live in  a country - on and on and on and on and on.

But I DON'T live in fear!

There are occasions that I become afraid.

As fear manifests itself in my mind I feel danger, dread or maybe even evil. I become uneasy and anxious. There is concern. Some people get frightened, alarmed and terrified!

I DON'T live in fear!

In our mind we may become unsure, uneasy and doubtful. We might think of loss or seperation. Our outlook might trigger a " painful " view of the future. You may get tired, fatigued and withdrawn. One might become solitary. Surely you'll be upset.

You are REACTING!

We are RESPONDING!

These things, these issues, these emotions, notions, conclusions and ideas are nothing! They are nothing.

Why?

They haven't happened and probably will not happen and most likely none of them will ever happen - become reality!

How is that?

Because what we are thinking is based on past experiences in our life. How we are feeling is based on past experiences. What we think we see is based on past experience.

We enter the mind of  " ILLUSION". It is not real, its appearance is misleading, it gives us a false impression, idea or belief. You may consider yourself at this point, self-deceived!

No person, place or thing will save you. We might find release and comfort from a specific person, place or thing but the security is transitional. Unless you live in a monastery you can't hide forever.

Why are you afraid? I didn't ask you " what happeened ? " I asked, " why are YOU afraid? "

You can't answer it can you? Even if someone told you there is a mad man coming to your house to kill you, why be afraid? It hasn't happened yet? Will it happen? Maybe he'll be run over by the noon bus! Maybe he'll knock on your door and notice a sweet aroma of a Lilac tree nearby or see the beautiful rose bush in the yard or he might be overcome by a food you cooked this morning the smell of which is still ingering and his disposition will change- no? Can this happen?

I don't live in fear.

To live in a frightened state is not helpful at all. In fact when you become overwhelmed by it you not only raise a white flag of surrender and dispense all hope, you create a bullseye - a target on your chest or back and exclaim "here I am, please make me a victim." Are you? Can you be a victim if nothing happened to you yet?

Why do you?

Because we haven't learned NEW ways to cope with life and its events, because we don't understand how to pause and relax, we rely on old information when dealing with new situations. The old ways didn't work yet we still RE-ACT that way!

To pause and relax is the key. Even if you don't " act " on what it is that's bothering you for days at a time- so what? Better to do nothing and go about your day that start trouble. Yes? Take a week or a month if you have to to sort it out. So what? It's better than being a victim. pleading with the world to have pity on you for something that hasn't happened yet!

I don't live in fear I deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment