Saturday, April 23, 2011

" I don't have to like everybody but I have to love everybody."

Why do people say they like you when they truelly don't care about you at all? For me, when I like a person, something inside me begins to have a feeling of caring about them, genuinely.

I hear folks say " I don't have to like everybody but I have to love everybody."

Does anyone see how irrational, unrealisitic and full of shit that statement is?

It is a total CONDITIONAL approach and an "open to interpetion" response which would depend most likely upon how the person that is loved treats the person claiming to love them.

All is well and "loving" pending any turmoil or misunderstanding. When trouble does come it would be deemed PROPER by the person doing the loving, after being offended to exclaim, because it's easier to claim self righteousness silently throught the words- "I don't have to like you BUT I love you." It's a gimmick!



The other side of the statement " I don't have to like everybody but I have to love everybody" is that it birthed itself from a movement that claims UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.

To say "I won't like you" but "I'll love you" sounds quite conditional to me IN FACT what it does is fire a warning shot across the bow of the vessel of relationship that signals "there's something wrong with you but I'll overlook it."

Further then, upon investigation it's quite obvious to a clear mind observing this discussion we're having that to say "I won't like you" but "I'll love you" is completely and unequivocally egotistical and not at all in alignment with unconditional, zero centered or self-lessness principles of spirituality.

There's a large neon sign flashing brightly day and night that reads "this type of thinking is infected with motives."

People don't take the time to think about what they REPEAT. Just because someone said it, and at the time it sounded noble doesn't mean it's worth repeating.

Nevertheless there are folks who claim to "be themselves" when in reality, with little observation and examination by the outsider it's clear that mimicing is still quite the fashion.

When it comes to HELPING our fellow men and women, liking and loving play no part if and when another person needs help.




tat2guru

No comments:

Post a Comment